[R] identical values not so identical? newbie help please!

maiya maja.zaloznik at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 20:44:28 CET 2011

Aaah, it truly is wonderful, this technology!
I guess I'm going to have to override it a bit though..
Along the lines of

tae <- ifesle(all.equal(obs, exp) == TRUE, 0, sum(abs(obs - exp)))

Do I like doing this? No. But short of reading the vast literature that
exists on calculation precision - which would quite possibly result in me
ending up using the same kludge as above - this is as satisfying a solution
as I can hope for!

Thanks  again guys!
Maja