[R] Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion / options(expressions=)?

rivercode aquanyc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 19:05:07 CET 2011

Hi,

I am processing tick data and my code has stopped working as I have
increased the size of data being processed.  Now I am receiving error for
basic tasks in RConsole:

> a = c(1:1000)
Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion /
options(expressions=)?

My R code worked fine with 50 stocks and 500,000 rows per stock, but when I
increased this to 50 stocks and 5,000,000 rows per stock the code stopped
halfway through with the above error message (Error: Evaluation nested too
deeply.....).

Now I am getting this error with simple commands in the Console, as per
above example.

Please advice where I should look to resolve this ?

I am using R 2.12.1 64Bit on Windows 7 with memory max at 8Gb.

Thanks,
Chris