[R] Problem in installing and starting Rattle

nerice neil.rice at plymouth.ac.uk
Mon Mar 7 12:57:59 CET 2011

CHECK FOR CONFLICTS IN YOUR PATH !!!

I had a related problem when trying to use library "RGtk2" for the first
time.  My problem was that when loading the library R was looking for the
file "zlib1.dll" but couldn't find the procedure to launch RGtk2. I was
getting an "Entry Point not found" error from Rgui.exe.

The reason was because I had another package in my PATH environment variable
(C:\program files\Intel\WiFi\bin) which had a CONFLICTING version of the
"zlib1.dll" - and it was looking in this file and not the "zlib1.dll" which
came with GTK+.

Removed this conflict from the PATH and all was ok.