[R] retrieve x y coordinates of points in current plot

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Sat Mar 5 15:28:46 CET 2011

Thanks for your replies, Dieter and Richard. I am aware of these two
functions. I wanted, however, to write a similar function to identify by
selecting large clouds of points. For this I would need to rertrieve
their coordinates after the plot was called and created. As identify()
is able to do this, I was wondering whether my function could do this as
well in a similar manner. Until now, I have to supply the x and y
coordinates to my function as well. I would like to avoid this.

Jannis