[R] column removing under certain conditions

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at uni-hamburg.de
Fri Mar 4 15:33:13 CET 2011

Dear Martin,

I'm not sure I understood you well, because you basically have the
answer already...

What about this?
A[,apply(A, 2, function(x) median(x)>0), drop=FALSE]

(drop=FALSE ensures that you keep it as column even if only one column
is selected)

HTH,
Ivan

Le 3/4/2011 11:11, Scheuringer Martin a écrit :
> Dear collegues!
>

> Given a matrix, I would like to remove columns, that do not fulfill a certain condition. The condition is, that the median of the column is higher than a certain value.
>
> I've seen the help on removing NA columns, but I cannot figure out how to change the function part of the statement, so that the function is only TRUE if the median of the column is higher than x;
>
> A[,apply(A, 2, function(x) all(x>=0))]
>

> Thank you very much,
> Regards!
>

> Martin Scheuringer
>
> ---------------------------------
> Mag. Martin Scheuringer
> Abteilung für Evidenzbasierte Wirtschaftliche Gesundheitsversorgung (EWG)
> Bereich Gesundheitsökonomie
>
> Evidence Based Economic Health Care
> Health Economics
>

> Hauptverband der österreichischen Sozialversicherungsträger
> Main Association of Austrian Social Insurance Insitututions
> Kundmanngasse 21
> 1031 Wien
> Tel.:  +43-1-71132-3624
> Fax.:  +43-1-71132-3786
> http://www.hauptverband.at
> P Save paper, do you really need to print this e-mail?
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Ivan CALANDRA
PhD Student
University of Hamburg
Biozentrum Grindel und Zoologisches Museum
Abt. Säugetiere
Martin-Luther-King-Platz 3
D-20146 Hamburg, GERMANY
+49(0)40 42838 6231