[R] GLM / Logistic Regression Problem

patsko at gmx.de patsko at gmx.de
Wed Mar 2 17:10:43 CET 2011

Hi there,

I am encountering a problem with the GLM tool performing logistic regression. After computing a warning appears, saying “glm.fit: fitted probabilities numerically 0 or 1 occurred”. A prediction of new values confirms the problem as the model does not produce regular probability estimates but values which are way higher than 1 and lower than 0 in many cases.
I have tried both methods setting the family=binomial and family=binomial(“logit”) so this can’t be the reason that causes the error.

As an alternative solution I have considered to resort to the Logistic tool from the RWeka package. The manual says that it exists for building multinomial logistic regression models. I can’t image it would be a problem but can anyone confirm that it indeed is possible to use the algorithm for also computing binary models?!

Best regards

Patrick
--
Schon gehört? GMX hat einen genialen Phishing-Filter in die