[R] Help

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at uni-hamburg.de
Tue Mar 1 09:45:20 CET 2011

Hi Laura,

Have you read this documentation
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-data.pdf ? If not, you should.
Specifically, see read.table() and read.csv().
When you'll have this, you can look for functions that can import xls or
xlsx spreadsheets directly, but you're not that far yet.

There are also plenty of documentation for beginners that you should
read, see for example
http://www.burns-stat.com/pages/Tutor/hints_R_begin.html
This one is always good too
http://www.burns-stat.com/pages/Tutor/hints_R_begin.html

Concerning your data, it already looks good (except for the ":"). R can
work with Excel spreadsheets without problems.

I think that if you read that, you will know how to do barplots too.
If you then have problems using some specific functions or doing some
specific task, you can ask the list again, with a reproducible example,
with the code you tried, with the error/warning you got, and with the
desired output if relevant. For this, read the posting guide if you
still haven't.

Now good luck with the readings,
Ivan

Le 3/1/2011 05:05, Laura Clasemann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've been working with R the past few days in trying to get a proper table set up but have not had any luck at all and the manuals I've read have not worked for me either. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me in setting this data up in R both as a table and as a bargraph as I have not been able to do it myself. If somebody could help me with doing this and send me an overview in a document on how it should look, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
>
> Laura
>

> Diet:                 Binger-yes:           Binger-No:              Total:
> None 24 134 158
> Healthy 9 52 61
> Unhealthy 23 72 95
> Dangerous 12 15 27
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Ivan CALANDRA
PhD Student
University of Hamburg
Biozentrum Grindel und Zoologisches Museum
Abt. Säugetiere
Martin-Luther-King-Platz 3
D-20146 Hamburg, GERMANY
+49(0)40 42838 6231