[R] regression with categorical nuisance variable

Jonathan DuBois jonathan.m.dubois at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 01:14:32 CET 2011

Hi,

I am new to R, so I am unsure of the formula to set up this analysis.
I would like to run a linear model with a continuous dependent
variable (brain volume) and a continuous independent variable (age)
while controlling for a categorical nuisance variable (gender).

Age and brain volume are correlated.
There are no gender differences in age but there are significant
gender differences in brain volume.
Therefore, I would like to control for gender when assessing the
association between brain volume and age.

Jon