[R] RWinEdt

Richard Valliant rvalliant at survey.umd.edu
Wed Jun 29 21:34:41 CEST 2011

I have a problem using RWinEdt 1.8.2 in Windows 7 Professional (64 bit).
 System/software info:
R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
WinEdt  Build: 20071003  (v. 5.5)

After installing the R package and attempting to load I get:

> library(RWinEdt)
Warning message:
In shell(paste("\"\"", .gW$InstallRoot, "\\WinEdt.exe\" -C=\"R-WinEdt\"
-E=",  :
  '""C:\Program Files (x86)\WinEdt Team\WinEdt\WinEdt.exe"
-C="R-WinEdt" -E="C:\Users\rvalliant\AppData\Roaming\WinEdt\R.ini""'
execution failed with error code 1

The WinEdt window does not open. I can open it manually (since the
package installation created a desktop shortcut ("RWinEdt"). If a line
of R code is highlighted in RWinEdt and sent to the R Console with
Alt+p, the focus shifts to R console but nothing is copied.

This has come up before in a message from John Seers on 2 Mar 2011. Uwe
suggested this:
"One installing RWinEdt the first time, please run R with Administrator

privileges (right click to do so). Then installation should work
smoothly with WinEdt < 6.0."

I'm running WinEdt 5.5. I followed Uwe's suggestion but get the message
above.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Richard Valliant