[R] Derivative of a function

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Jun 29 20:10:59 CEST 2011

On Jun 29, 2011, at 10:48 AM, Lisa wrote:

> This is not a homework. I just want to see if there are some R
> functions or
> some ideas I can borrow to solve my problem.

There is a deriv function that provides limited support for symbolic
differentiation.

The Rhelp list is advertised ( http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
  ) as expecting you to have made some efforts at searching. This
answer might not have floated to the surface among the thousand or so
hits, but at least you should have tried.

RSiteSearch("derivative")

And there is, of course, CrossValidated: http://stats.stackexchange.com/