[R] parse XML file

Kai Serschmarn serschmarn at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 29 12:26:18 CEST 2011

Thank you Barry, that works fine.
Sorry for stupid questions... however, I couldn't manage to get a
dataframe out of this.

That's what I was doing:

doc = xmlRoot(xmlTreeParse("de.dwd.klis.TADM.xml"))
dumpData <-  function(doc){
	for(i in 1:length(doc)){
		stns = doc[[i]]
	for (j in 1:length(stns)){
		cat(stns$attributes['value'],stns[[j]][[1]]$value,stns[[j]]
$attributes['date'],"\n")
		}
		}
		}