[R] connecting R and PostgreSQL

Aya74656 at gmx.de Aya74656 at gmx.de
Tue Jun 28 14:15:26 CEST 2011

Dear R-helpers,

I'm an absolute beginner using both R and PostgreSQL, but now I have to work with both programs. I need to connect R and my Postgres-database, but every attempt so far has failed (I tried using the RpgSQL package as well as RdbiPgSQL, the first, following this manual (http://code.google.com/p/rpostgresql/) didn't find any drivers for the database (step no. 1) whereas the second doesn't work with R version 2.13).

Could someone please be so kind to either provide a step-by-step instruction on how to make this connection work or direct me to a manual?

Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerly,

Marie