[R] Add use of dput() to the instructions at bottom of post?

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 27 15:00:36 CEST 2011

It's often difficult to figure out what a problem data set looks like when someone pastes a mess of output from R into an e-mail.  The dput command, used judiciously—I would hope no one would send a 1 M data set—can make life much easier.

I wonder if it would be useful to add a hint in the instructions at the bottom of the posting page, where the list asks for self-contained reproducible code, to also hint at using dput() to supply sample data?

I suspect a considerable number of relatively new users do not know that it exists--certainly that was true for me for quite a long time.