[R] calling R from C

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Jun 26 01:03:07 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Desi Ap <desiap at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I read R extensions on calling R within c code. I am on windows vista, cygwin and R-2.13.0.I can compile & link the c code with following commands$gcc -I/cygdrive/c/Progra~1/R/R-2.13.0/include -c -ggdb Rhello.c
> gcc-L/cygdrive/c/Progra~1/R/R-2.13.0/bin/i386 -oRhello Rhello.o -lR
> However I cant run the resulting .exe file with following command
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/cygdrive/c/Progra~1/R/R-2.13.0/bin R_HOME=/cygdrive/c/Progra
> ~1/R/R-2.13.0 ./Rhello.exe
> I get a pop up window and it just hangs when I try to run exe file. I assume calling R via c program on cygwin/windowsvista is known to be working.
> if so, can some one comment on how to run above exe file.
> thanks-kris

 You need to read the documentation to discover that maybe you should
be using the right tools. Namely MinGW and not Cygwin. Unless you've
managed to compile the whole of R using cygwin of course...

 I hope having identical responses to mailing list messages and SO
questions isn't as annoying as seeing identical questions posted to
each is to everyone on the list...

 Barry