[R] help- subtitles for multiple charts

jalen jalen at mtu.edu
Thu Jun 23 19:00:52 CEST 2011

Hello, I have a problem with my script. I don'y know how to apply subtitles.
I have 9 charts per page (for combination of 3 blocks and 3 treatments). I
want to have subtitles for this interaction (e.g. Block A Trt 1, Block A Trt
2, ...)

MBE$bt<- interaction(MBE$Block,MBE$trt)
par(mfrow=c(3,3))
for(i in unique(MBE$bt)){
ss <- MBE$bt==i
plot(MBE$Year[ss], MBE$DBH[ss])
sm<-loess(DBH~Year, data=pMBE[ss,])
x=seq(2004, 2010, by=1)
points(x, predict(sm, data.frame("Year"=x)), type="l")
}

It was possible for the command:
MBE$trt.name<- factor(MBE$trt, label=c("Treatment 1", "Treatment 2",
"Treatment 3"))
xyplot(MBE$DBH~MBE$Year|MBE$trt.name*MBE$Block, xlab="Year", ylab="DBH")-
but I need it for the upper script, cuz the diagram is more appropriate.
I would be grateful for any advise!