[R] Time-series analysis with treatment effects - statistical approach

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Thu Jun 23 04:59:19 CEST 2011

If you have any specific features of the time series of soil moisture, you could either model that or directly estimate it and test for differences in the 4 treatments.  If you do not have any such specific considerations, you might want to consider some nonparametric approaches such as functional data analysis, in particular  functional principal components analysis (fPCA) might be relevant.  You could also consider semiparametric methods. For example, take a look at the "SemiPar" package.

Ravi.