[R] Time-series analysis with treatment effects - statistical approach

J.Morgenroth jmo101 at student.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Jun 23 02:21:52 CEST 2011

Hi Mike, here's a sample of my data so that you get an idea what I'm working
with.

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3618615/SampleDataSet.txt
SampleDataSet.txt

Also, I've uploaded an image showing a sample graph of daily soil moisture
by treatment. The legend shows IP, IP+, PP, PP+ which are the 4 treatments.
Also, I've included precipitation to show the soil moisture response to
precip.

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3618615/MeanWaterPrecipColour2ndSeasonOnly.jpeg

I have used ANOVA previously, but I don't like it for 2 reasons. The first
is that I have to average away all of the interesting variation. But mainly,
it becomes quite cumbersome to do a separate ANOVA for each day (700+ days)
or even each week (104 weeks).

Thanks for your help,
-Justin