[R] Package warnings

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:19:52 CEST 2011

On 11-06-21 11:58 PM, steven mosher wrote:
> Thanks to all your help I've just finished my first package and I have a
> couple of questions
>

>    I want to submit to CRAN but I have  1 warning
>
>   " checking for code/documentation mismatches ... WARNING
> Data sets with usage in documentation object 'FILE.PARAMETERS' but not in
> code:
>    FILE.PARAMETERS"
>
> I actually have a few instances with the same issue. I have a handful of
> data objects, things like URLs
> and some file parameters ( like column widths etc). These are declared in an
> R file and then loaded
> (lazyData no)
>
> There are help files for all these objects, and some of them get used in the
> code as defaults for when
> functions are called
>   foo<- function( x, y=FILE.PARAMETERS)
>
> So why do I get this warning? is it one I have to fix? and should I be
> asking this on the dev list?

Yes, you should fix almost all warnings, and yes, questions like this
belong on the R-devel list.

When you ask there, it would be helpful to be very specific:  show us
the start of the Rd file that is being complained about (the \usage and
\docType sections are of particular interest), and give us the exact
details about how the data object is being created.

Duncan Murdoch