[R] RES: Doubit about ts() functions

Filipe Leme Botelho filipe.botelho at vpar.com.br
Tue Jun 21 21:03:09 CEST 2011

Flávio, first install package 'xts'. Then with a matrix with rownames as dates like:

> testing
             [,1]
2011-05-12 177.05
2011-05-13 182.85
2011-05-16 182.20
2011-05-17 181.90
2011-05-18 180.50
2011-05-19 184.95
2011-05-20 181.75
2011-05-23 180.85
2011-05-24 182.75
2011-05-25 186.80
2011-05-26 185.35
2011-05-27 185.35
2011-05-31 182.50
2011-06-01 182.00

# Map the endpoints using xts.

> week_ends <- endpoints(testing, 'weeks')
> week_ends
[1]  0  2  7 12 14

> testing[week_ends,]
2011-05-13 2011-05-20 2011-05-27 2011-06-01
    182.85     181.75     185.35     182.00

This works for 'years' and 'months' as well, so it´s quite useful.

HTH,
Filipe Botelho