[R] (no subject)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:03:58 CEST 2011

On 11-06-20 9:17 PM, Runlong Tang wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> When generating help files for a R package, can I specify the order of the R
> functions? Now I can see that the functions are sorted according to their
> names. However, for my case, there are two functions are closely related,
> but they are separated by some other functions. I think it would be better
> if I could specify the order of the functions in the help pdf manual.

They are sorted according to the \name entry for the .Rd file, which
doesn't have to match the function name.  (See lattice for an example of
a package where the names are different, specifically in order to have
things presented in a particular order.)

Another way to address this issue is the common practice to document
more than one function in a single .Rd file.

By the way, questions about package writing generally belong in the
R-devel list rather than R-help.

Duncan Murdoch