[R] different results from nls in 2.10.1 and 2.11.1

Prof. John C Nash nashjc at uottawa.ca
Mon Jun 20 19:55:17 CEST 2011

Interesting!
I get nice convergence in both 32 and 64 bit systems on 2.13.0. I agree the older versions
are a bit of a distraction. The inconsistent behaviour on current R is a concern.

Maybe Philip, Uwe, and I (and others who might be interested) should take this off line
and see what is going on. I'll offer to act as tabulator of results and have set up a
temporary wiki on

http://macnash.telfer.uottawa.ca/PBettProb

to allow tries to be saved for comparison. Needs a login to "write". Please use
username=Ruser
password=statistics

Hopefully there won't be wikispam, or I'll have to close it off.

JN