[R] can this sequence be generated easier?

pdb philb at philbrierley.com
Sat Jun 18 06:34:10 CEST 2011

I have 'x' variables that I need to find the optimum combination of, with the
constraint that the sum of all x variables needs to be exactly 100. I need
to test all combinations to get the optimal mix.

This is easy if I know how many variables I have - I can hard code as below.
But what if I don't know the number of variables and want this to be a
flexible parameter. Is there a sexy recursive way that this can be done in
R?

#for combinations of 2 variables
vars = 2
for(i in 0:100){