[R] Porting "unmaintained" packages to post R 2.10.0 era

Stephen Ellison stephen.ellison at lgcgroup.com
Fri Jun 17 18:01:36 CEST 2011

The principal point I was making is that "the manuals" are not very informative on the actual build step for a zipped binary and I can see why many find it hard to find the guidance they need. If there is a recommended practice - for example, what you've just said - why not include it in the manual intended to help package developers?

> Why do you want to build a binary before checking? You only
> need a binary in order to distribute it, and I doubt you want
> to do that before you checked the package.

I don't want to build a binary before checking, and I didn't suggest that. I just wasn't talking about checking, which is well documented. I was talking about building zips, which isn't.