[R] Problem in reading Missing and Measure values, using read.spss().

Smart Guy smartguy3k at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:37:20 CEST 2011

Hello All,
I am using read.spss() to read a SPSS dataset into R data.frame.
However I am not able to read user defined MISSING values when it
defined as range in SPSS variable view. I am also not able to read the
value from the MEASURE column in the SPSS variable view to determine
whether a SPSS column is nominal or ordinal. Can anyone point me to
the right direction to read these values from SPSS dataset by using
read.spss() or any another function like read.spss().
Thanks in advance for your help.