[R] "non-numeric argument to binary operator"

the_big_kowalski bkowalski at csumb.edu
Wed Jun 15 01:31:09 CEST 2011

Hello,
For reasons unclear to me I am getting above error message when I change the
value of b in the following code:

    rm(list=ls())
    library("Hmisc")
    set.seed(4) #seems to have an effect on t(apply
    b=10
    pop.props = c(0.6,0.2,0.2)
    x=matrix(pop.props,nrow=nn,ncol=length(pop.props), byrow=T)
    print(x)
    habs = rMultinom((x),b)
    print(habs)
    habs=t(apply(habs, 1, table))/b  # works for b=10, but not for b=5???

Also when i run this code in the iteration loop, it seems that changing seed
value also has an effect on whether I get the code to run in entirety, or if
it chokes with the above error message.

I thank you in advance for your help,