[R] Strange R/party behaviuor in CentOS

jdanielnd jdanielnd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:48:34 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm facing a strange behaviour when I try to run predict function for a
cforest model from party package in CentOS.
It works OK on MacOSX and Ubuntu, but R process is killed when I try it on
CentOS.

I read a dataframe and generate a forest model using cforest from party
package. To reduce computation for the tests I'm running the forest model
with 2 (two) trees only. So I believe R is not being killed because of too
much processing. It generates the model really quick, just takes a couple of
seconds, but when I try 'predict(model)', R take some time before show:
Killed. And I'm taken back to Terminal prompt.

The version of R used in Ubuntu (that works OK) is:
R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

And the version of R used in CentOS (that is killed when I try the predict
function) is:
R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu (64-bit)

May that be some configuration of CentOS that kill R because of too much
processing?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Joao Daniel