[R] Question on Manova

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Jun 10 02:52:45 CEST 2011

Dear Veronika,

Is this the Manova() function in the car package? If so, there isn't a fixed
limit on the number of variables, although depending upon the size of the
data set, available memory, the conditioning of the problem, etc., you might
have a problem too big for it to handle. You don't specify whether 47
represents the number of responses or predictors or both, and without an
understanding of what you're trying to do it's hard to be definite, but as a
general matter I wonder about the sensibleness of a MANOVA with 47
variables.

Best,
 John

John Fox