[R] County map for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico

jaysoap jeff.soper at linkanalytics.com
Thu Jun 9 15:17:35 CEST 2011

I have been looking for a way to create a county level map of Alaska and
Hawaii in R and cannot find any good example for the life of me.  I also
need to map Puerto Rico and cannot get a nice map of that either.  I used
the ggplot2 and maps package to create a perfect map of the mainland US, but
I still need these three places to make it complete.  Can anybody help me
with this?