[R] Bigining with a Program of SVR

ypriverol ypriverol at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 22:35:42 CEST 2011

Well:
 I programmed an script in R using caret package and the results are very
interesting ...
 I have two datasets the first dataset have a linear distribution
experimentaly:
  values are: 4.3 , 5.3, 6.3.. 10.3...
 the svmRadial kernel work perfectly and I can obtain an R2 = 0.98 between
the predicted value and the
 estimated value.
 But the second dataset do'nt have a linear distribution of the data
experimentaly ...then I can only say
 that molecules are in the the well, 1, 2, 3, ... 10.
 When I tested the svmRadial the results are disastrous....
 Is related the problem with non-linear regression?
 Is related the problem with the fact that svmRadial in caret select the
RMSD to choice the better model?

Thanks in advance
Yasset