[R] Can R do zero inflated gamma regression?

Simon Blomberg s.blomberg1 at uq.edu.au
Mon Jun 6 07:26:42 CEST 2011

You might find Tweedie distributions helpful. See packages tweedie and
statmod.

Cheers,

Simon.

On 06/06/11 14:12, siriustar wrote:
> Hi, Dear R-help
> I know there are some R package to deal with zero-inflated count data. But I
> am now looking for R package to deal with zero-inflated continuous data.
>
> The response variable (Y) in my dataset contains a larger mount of zero and
> the Non-zero response are quite right skewed. Now what i am doing is first
> to use a logistic regression on covariates (X) to estimate the probability
> of Y being 0. Then focus on the dataset where Y is not zero, and run a
> linear regression or gamma glm to estimate the association between Y and X
> when Y is not zero.
> However, the linear regression and gamma glm model fit my data poorly.
>
> So, I am thinking maybe a zero inflated gamma or zero inflated lognormal
> regression are helpful, where I can estimate the probability of Y being zero
> and the association between non zero Y and X at the same time.
> However, I dont know which R package can do that.
>
> Hope I can get the answer soon.... and any suggestion about my dataset is
> truely appreciate.
>

> --

Simon Blomberg, BSc (Hons), PhD, MAppStat.
Lecturer and Consultant Statistician
School of Biological Sciences
The University of Queensland
St. Lucia Queensland 4072
Australia
T: +61 7 3365 2506
email: S.Blomberg1_at_uq.edu.au
http://www.uq.edu.au/~uqsblomb/

Policies:
1.  I will NOT analyse your data for you.
2.  Your deadline is your problem

Statistics is the grammar of science - Karl Pearson.