[R] Error with BRugs 0.53 and 0.71, on Win7 with R 2.12.2 and 2.13.0 (crashes R GUI)

Chris Chapman cnchapman at msn.com
Sun Jun 5 23:42:27 CEST 2011

Thanks again.  FWIW, I tried an even older R version (2.11) + BRugs 0.53 and
0.70 ... but got the same errors as with the iterations reported below.  So
I'm giving up on trying to solve the issue.

My workaround is that I'm using the R2WinBUGS package instead.  So far that
has worked well -- I've run a few iterations of models with no problems.

Specifically, none of the errors below have occurred (this is using R
2.13.0, R2WinBUGS 2.1-18, OpenBUGS 3.0.3 as installed by BRugs, running
under Windows 7/32-bit).  Unlike with BRugs, I'm able to use R2WinBUGS to
run a model, change it, run again with new parameters, etc., with no crashes
or other problems yet.

Uwe: thank you for your work there as well!

-- Chris