[R] lattice panel fine control

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Jun 2 20:57:10 CEST 2011

You did not read the help files carefully enough.

The Help for panel.text tells you that it is the same function as
ltext. ltext lists a bunch of parameters, srt among them, and refers
you to the corresponding base R graphics function, which is text().

?text then refers you to par for this and other miscellaneous parameters.

?par then tells you that srt gives the string rotation in degrees, the
answer to your question.

So, yes, it's a bit rough going; but careful attention to the docs
DOES get you there.

-- Bert