[R] ylab spacing in resizePanels in latticeExtra

Felix Andrews felix at nfrac.org
Thu Jun 2 14:23:46 CEST 2011

Indeed, ylab position is not connected to the panel size / position.
You would have to place them manually...

## scaling factors on panels
h <- c(5,3,4)

update(ABCur, ylab = list(c("AAA", "BBB", "CCC"), rot=0,
                           y = (cumsum(h) - h/2) / sum(h) ))

Cheers
Felix

On 2 June 2011 13:59, Richard M. Heiberger <rmh at temple.edu> wrote:
> I would like the ylab in the second, resized graph to be centered on the
> actual positions of the panels
> of the second graph, not on the positions appropriate for the first graph.
> How can that be specified.
> Toggle the two graphs to see that the ylab is identically spaced in both,
> even though the panels are
> differently sized.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich
>

> windows.options(record=TRUE) ## We need to compare two graphs.  This is the
> correct statement for windows.
>
> require(lattice)
> require(latticeExtra)
>
> A <- barchart(matrix(1:10,5,2))
> B <- barchart(matrix(1:6,3,2))
> C <- barchart(matrix(1:8,4,2))
> ABC <- c(A, B, C, x.same=TRUE, layout=c(1,3))
>
> ABCu <- update(ABC,
>               ylab=list(c("AAA", "BBB", "CCC"), rot=0))
> update(ABCu, main="ylab is centered on each of the panels")
>
> ABCur <- resizePanels(ABCu,
>                      h=c(5,3,4))
> update(ABCur, main="ylab is centered on previous panel positions.")

Felix Andrews / 安福立
http://www.neurofractal.org/felix/