[R] Error in plotmath

Frank Harrell f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Sun Jul 31 20:25:06 CEST 2011

Under

platform       x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
arch           x86_64
os             linux-gnu
system         x86_64, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          13.1
year           2011
month          07
day            08
svn rev        56322
language       R
version.string R version 2.13.1 (2011-07-08)

I get a double quote mark in place of <= in the y-axis label when I run the
following.

set.seed(6)
x <- rnorm(30, 100, 20)
xs <- seq(50, 150, length=150)
cdf <- pnorm(xs, 100, 20)
plot(xs, cdf, type='l', ylim=c(0,1),
     xlab=expression(x),
     ylab=expression(paste("Prob[", X <= x, "]")))
lines(ecdf(x), cex=.5)

The problem also occurs if I use instead ylab=expression(prob(X <= x)))

All is well if I remove "=" but I need <=.

Frank

-----
Frank Harrell