[R] Replacing null values

Jeffrey Joh johjeffrey at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 30 21:58:53 CEST 2011

Sorry about the last message. I forgot to turn the HTML off.
I would like to reorder a table by column A, then fill column B with the values above it.  For example:
A   B
2   54
5   NA
8   78
4   NULL
3   26
9   NULL

First sort by column A:
A   B
2   54
3   26
4   NULL
5   NA
8   78
9   NULL

Then replace null/na values in column B with the value above it:
A   B
2      54
3   26
4   26