[R] R in Linux (Ubuntu)

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jul 30 14:31:06 CEST 2011

At 09:03 29/07/2011, gaiarrido wrote:
>Hi,
>I´m trying to move to ubuntu at all, but I don´t like R in Ubuntu because it
>runs in the terminal, so i can´t access directly to some options R gots in
>Windows.

Mario, it would help if you told us which options
from the Windows GUI you are missing.

If you want a really light solution then I use Kate as an editor. I go
kate myfileofcommands.r
make any changes I want then open a terminal
window, run R in that window and
source("myfileofcommands.r") or pipe commands from the file into the window.
?sink
?savehistory
may also help you