[R] How to install "adapt" package

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jul 30 07:35:44 CEST 2011

Beyond that, the files at the URL given are not zip files, so we are
not being told the whole truth.

My guess is that 'Lei Liu' is using Windows without telling us.  In
which case (s)he needs to follow the rw-FAQ about installing packages
from the source.

Also note that CRAN packages are archived for good reason: do not
expect them to still work with current (or recent) versions of R.