[R] http://www.r-project.org/contributors.html: display problem, because no character set is defined

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 29 22:34:32 CEST 2011

Dear R webmasters,

my browser defaults to the charset UTF-8 and since [1] seems to be
encoded in ISO-8859-1 the umlauts are not displayed correctly. It would
be great if the encoding could be added to the header [2]. (Or the page
converted to UTF-8 and the problem would be solved for me. ;-) )

        charset=utf-8">

or

Thanks,

Paul