[R] change pch in 3dplot, export graph

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Jul 29 22:27:16 CEST 2011

On Jul 29, 2011, at 4:02 PM, jack hietpas wrote:

> Hello I was wondering if anyone has been able to change the pch
> value for
> points in 3dplot()?  I am able to change point colors just not
> symbol types.
> I have included a portion of my code below.  I realize this won't work
> outside of my script, but thought, maybe there is something obvious
> that I
> am doing wrong.   Also is it possible to utilize the interactive
> feature of
> 3dplot in a powerpoint, perhaps there is some sort of file format
> that the
> graph could be exported to?  Any suggestions would be very much
> appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,

My understanding is pretty hazy in the rgl domain but I seem to
remember one of its authors stating that points in rgl do nor have pch-
capacity (other than being small spheres). Ah,  there it is:

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/Rhelp10/2010-April/234284.html

In addition to the text option mentioned, there are shapes and
presumably one could make them small:

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/rgl/html/mesh3d.html

--

David Winsemius, MD