[R] HIRHAM netcdf files

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Fri Jul 29 16:57:46 CEST 2011

This problem may be more related to netcdf files than to R....And the
answer to your question very much depends on  which netcdf convention
the AWI folks who created your data followed. Additionally it depends on
the Software you use to read these ncdf files.

Regarding the grid locations there it usually helps to have a look at
all the attributes in the file. Additionally there may be variables
called longitude/long or similar that give you the exact grid locations.

Not sure whether this helped, but you may need to be more specific
regarding the files you are using. Perhaps posting the result of:

ncdump -h <filename>

would help us to understand what kind of data you use.

Jannis