[R] cycling from x11 window in RCommander to graphics device window: Mac Os 10.6.8

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Jul 28 23:21:47 CEST 2011

Dear Simon,

I'm sitting in front of a MacBook Pro and Command-tab works perfectly fine for me: Selecting X11 brings the R Commander Window to the front, and selecting R brings the Quartz graphics window to the front. I must admit that my habit in classroom demonstrations on a Mac is to use Expose to select Windows, but, unless I misunderstand your problem, Command-tab also works.

I'm using R 2.13.1 under Mac OS X 10.6.7 with XQuartz 2.3.6 and tcltk-8.5.5-x11.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Sen. William McMaster Prof. of Social Statistics
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox/