[R] Unable to install packages on Mac OS X

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Jul 28 22:31:12 CEST 2011

On Jul 28, 2011, at 3:08 PM, Miguel Leal wrote:

> I'm having problems installing packages.
>
> I'm working on the R version 2.13.1 in a Mac OS X version 10.6.8.
>
> I'm not able to search or install packages. For instance, I have the
> following error message:
>
>> install.packages("lattice")
> Warning: unable to access index for repository http://cran.pt.r-project.org/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.13

Looks like a weird URL. How did you come up with that one? When I go
to it with my browser it times out. Why not pick a working repository?

> Warning message:
> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>  package 'lattice' is not available (for R version 2.13.1)

And I thought lattice was part of the default packages installation,
so would not have expected any need to install it.

Have you just tried library(lattice) from the R console?

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT