[R] Tools for professional R developers

Thu Jul 28 21:22:35 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Uwe Ligges
<ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> On 28.07.2011 21:04, Mark Alen wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I was wondering what tools professional R users use so I went and posted
>> this question on stack overflow. I appreciate if you would please answer
>> this question too (either here or on stackoverflow)
>
> My preferred tool is R.
>
> If you ask me to elaborate: the package systems contains the tools for tests
> and R comes with debugging tools, that way I had never need for much more.

I actually thought this question was pretty ... uhm ... but when I
popped over to SO to see what was cooking there, I was kind of
surprised to see real helpful answers.

Hadley's response is pretty great and worth a read (looking forward to
helpr!), as well as Dirk's and others.

I'd encourage others to check them out.

-steve

--