[R] cycling from x11 window in RCommander to graphics device window: Mac Os 10.6.8

Ista Zahn izahn at psych.rochester.edu
Thu Jul 28 19:51:00 CEST 2011

Hi Simon

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Simon Kiss <sjkiss at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
> I have recently installed R Commander on my Mac OS 10.6.8. I'd like to use it for an undergraduate class this year.
> Everything appears to be working fine, except for one thing.  I cannot use Command-tab to cycle from the X11 window in which RCommander is running to any other window open in my workspace.  This is particularly important because I cannot cycle to the graphics device window that is opened when I call a new plot.  If I force quit the X11 window and Rcommander, R remains running and I can see the graphics device window and the plot looks fine.

My Mac days are long behind me, but surely Command-tab is not the only
way to switch windows! Can't you use the dock, or expose or ...?

A couple of other thoughts. First, check to see if this is specific to
Rcommander, or if you have the same problem in other X11 applications.
Second, you might have better luck on the R-sig-mac mailing list.

Best,
Ista