[R] Python difflib R equivalent?

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Jul 28 17:05:05 CEST 2011

Paul:

1. I do not know if any such library exists.

2. However, if I understand correctly, one usually does this sort of
thing in R with functions like ?match (or ?"%in%") and logical
comparison operations like ?"==" .  Of course, for numeric
comparisons, you need to be aware of R FAQ 7.31

If you are interested in comparing what in R are character vectors,
then various string operators, e.g. ?grep, ?regexp and character
operation packages (e.g. gsubfn, stringr) may be of use.

As usual, you are more likely to receive a helpful answer if you do as
the posting guide requests and provide a small, reproducible example
of the sort(s) of thing(s) you want to do.

Cheers,
Bert