[R] GLM different results with the same factors

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 10:45:07 CEST 2011

On Jul 27, 2011 gaiarrido wrote:

> I've been reading these days about what you tell me, but i don't
> understand properly.
> How could I know, with this tests, which variables are significant?...

Mario,

You need to get in touch with a statistician at your university. You are
fitting quite a complex analysis of covariance-type of model. This means
(i.e. analysis of covariance) that the influence of edadysexo (your
categorical variable) on your response variable is being assessed _after_
adjusting for or taking account of the influence of lcc.

Did you try

##
library(car)
Anova(modo)

as I advised you to?

All I can say for the moment is that you have a significant interaction
between edadysexo and mes (I don't know what mes is). Therefore, in general
you can't talk about main effects for either. It is also clear that lcc will
not be significant when the Type II analysis of variance test that I advised
you to do is carried out.

-----
Mark Difford (Ph.D.)
Research Associate