[R] [solved] How to search for R related topics in search engines?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 27 21:18:51 CEST 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 27.07.2011, 14:36 -0400 schrieb David Winsemius:
> On Jul 27, 2011, at 10:12 AM, Paul Menzel wrote:

> > I am having problems getting good results when searching for R related
> > topics, that means I have not found out yet what keywords I should use
> > to get only relevant results. Most of the time I get also MATLAB
> > related
> > things and nothing related at all. The nature of this is of course the
> > name of R consisting just of one letter.
> >
> > What keywords do you use? Or do you just go to certain sites and do
> > not
> > use any search engine at all?
> >
> > Until now I am always adding the keywords »r statistical« to my
> > search,
> > but it is not optimal.
>
> with Google:  either "r-project" or "language:r"
>
> RSiteSearch("terms")
>
> Use sos::findFn
>
> rseek has been mentioned
>
> Gmane's or Markmail's webarchives

Everyone thank you for all your useful responses. I thought I had read
all the relevant information for beginners but it looks like I missed
[1][2] where a lot of your answers are already mentioned.

Thank you again,

Paul

[1] http://www.r-project.org/search.html
[2] http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html
    section: Do your homework before posting