[R] How to search for R related topics in search engines?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:19:24 CEST 2011

On 27/07/2011 10:12 AM, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear R folks,
>

> I am having problems getting good results when searching for R related
> topics, that means I have not found out yet what keywords I should use
> to get only relevant results. Most of the time I get also MATLAB related
> things and nothing related at all. The nature of this is of course the
> name of R consisting just of one letter.
>
> What keywords do you use? Or do you just go to certain sites and do not
> use any search engine at all?
>
> Until now I am always adding the keywords »r statistical« to my search,
> but it is not optimal.

I just add R as a search term.  I think Google does do some
personalization of search results, so if you always choose the ones that
involve R, you'll eventually have those ones get higher ranking
(assuming Google knows who you are).

But it's also possible that Matlab is a better platform to solve the
kinds of problems you are trying to solve in R.

Duncan Murdoch