[R] Creating a flat legend 'grob' for lattice xyplot

Mark Mark.Oberfield at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 27 20:07:03 CEST 2011

Hi Marcus,

That's almost it!  So ncol and column do the same thing in different
functions... gah!

Because my real use of xyplot I override the default plotting colors and
character, autokey doesn't 'know' this, so they don't match.

So the addition of the par.settings element is needed (from another e-mail):

xyplot(1~1,
auto.key=list(
bty='n',
columns=4,
text=c('How','to make','this into', 'a grob?'),
space="top")
par.settings=simpleTheme(pch=rep(c(15,17),2),col=c('brown','green','blue','red')
)

My legend is flat and color coordinated now.

Thank you very much!