[R] R Remote Procedure Call

xiagao1982 xiagao1982 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 17:57:21 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I have written some functionalities in C# and want to call them in R, maybe from another machine. I have found the following methods:

1. wrapper the C# code as Web Service: I noticed that there is a package named SSOAP, but it seems not yet finished and might be not fully compatible with the WDSL format used in Microsoft .NET Web service.

2. wrapper as DCOM Server: there are packages like rcom and RDCOMClient, but I don't know whether they allow me to create COM object from remote DCOM server.

3. wrapper as CORBA Server: the package RSCORBA is old and I don't know if it is OK for the task.

Can you give me some suggestion on remote procedure call to C# functionalities in R? Thanks!

xiagao1982
2011-07-27